Some background -
BMM started this project back in 2007. The curriculum was developed with the help of "The International Language Learning Program" of Toronto, Canada and is approved by Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune. Certification exams are being conducted through Bharati Vidyapeeth since 2011.
Further details -
- The Shala is open for all (ages 5 and above).
- The Shala will align with the start of the school year, plan is to begin this year starting in Sept. 2015, with classes held every weekend.
- The Shala will be following a curriculum based teaching program and will provide an opportunity to get certification through Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune.
- What does curriculum/syllabus include? OMM will charge a nominal fee per student. The fee structure and other details shall be announced later.
- Spoken Marathi - for everyday use
- Reading and Writing in Marathi
- Plus focus on cultural aspects such as Shlokas, songs, poems and festivals.